So this past Wednesday was the first official day of summer. Living in Miami every day can feel like summer. Although I wish I could spend most of my summer in Bimini where that picture was taken. Wherever you are, it’s summer time to enjoy the fuck out of it. When I was younger it was all about no school, music, popsicle, partying, and of course the beach. My must haves include a bit of the nostalgia of all of that good stuff with my own twist.
- Little Black Dress: Summer approved, of course. Now i know what you’re thinking black in this summer heat. Yes it can be done. A simple T-shirt dress or a tank dress with some cute shoes and BAM your set. This is where #2 comes into play. Dress: dollskill Bag: killstar
- A Statement Bag: Make it pop. It’s summer, what better time to show how you feel with a bag instead of a lame T-shirt? This can take any outfit from lame to the shit. You want something that is going to have people begging you to tell them where you copped it, just reply ” I forgot” and smile like the badass you are. Bag: dollskill
- Starbucks: Iced Please ? What is summer with out your iced drinks and sunglasses ?
- Fishnets: Now I have been feeling these way too much lately. You can dress them up or down, pair em with jean shorts or a dress. They are just so easy and come in so many colors. The best part? Won’t break your bank. Fishnets/Shirt: alien outfitters
- Music: Now I bet you’re thinking um music? Yes ! Go out of your way and explore some new music. Support local musicians, go listen to some bands play live, ect. I went all out and got a record player. I am following in my grandfather’s footsteps and hope to start a collection. Of course i had to start with my favorite album that just celebrated it’s 50th birthday. FYI most artist have vynils and the MP3 version too.
- Netflix: What is summer with out binge watching all your favorite movies and shows? I mean I’m all about partying and going all out but who doesn’t love to bum it out and watch an entire series in a week? Or re watch their favorite movie for the 100th time? Make sure to have fun with it!
Movie: The Shining
- BEACH: If you are one of the luck ones near a beach take advantage! Not everyone is lucky as us! I have been dying to catch some up on some sun but the Miami weather has not been cooperating. Take advantage, it is summer after all! Make sure to wear sunscreen while you tan and don’t forget those lips!
- Get Creative: Do something creative! Get out of your comfort zone. Do a DIY project, take a trip you have always wanted to take, get outside more. Do whatever makes you happy! Make this summer count! I planted this bad boy myself into one of my empty lush pots. If you are a true lushie you have a bunch left over and this is a cute way to brighten up any room.
Now if you really like all my suggestions feel free to click the hyperlinks under the pictures and help yourself. Treat Yourself this Summer! You won’t regret it! Don’t forget when shopping at Alien Outfitters Make sure to use my code for 15% off your purchase! ** StephanieR15 **