Lavender is my personal favorite, I love everything about it. I love the color, smell, the way it looks, the benefits, I can go on forever. Lavender has been used for over 2500 years. Egyptians used it for mummification and as perfume. The Romans used it for baths, in cooking, and scenting the air. The name lavender comes from Latin lavare that means “to wash”. Today you can find Lavender growing in Southern Europe, Australia, and the United States. The essential oil is extracted from the fresh flowers of the plant and used for many purposes. This is the most used essential oil in the world today.
- Some benefits include:
- reduces anxiety and stress
- helps heal burns and wounds
- improves sleep
- restores skin completion & helps reduce acne
- improves eczema & psoriasis
- alleviates headaches
These are just some of the amazing benefits associated with lavender. Researchers from China discovered that it can help your body produce three powerful antioxidants. This can help slow aging skin. It also used to treat stress, anxiety, depression, and migraines. Two different studies showed it helped with PTSD and postpartum depression. Due to its antimicrobial properties it prevents infections and combats fungal disorders. Another great use is for hair, helps with thinning hair and hair growth. As a person with chronic migraines lavender is my go to, inhale for about 15 minutes and feel some relief. When it comes to lavender and it’s benefits everyone thinks sleep. This might be one of its most powerful benefits. It can help with the length of sleep you get, time it takes to fall asleep, restfulness, and reduced symptoms of insomnia.
Lavender and Rosemary Hair Detangles DIY Recipe:
- What you need:
- 6-8 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/12 ounces purified water
- 2 ounce spray bottle
- small funnel (optional)
- Place the lavender and rosemary oil into the glass bottle
- Add the apple cider vinegar and water using the funnel if needed
- cap the bottle tightly and shake well
- it’s now ready to use! Spray after showering or before brushing to help detangle! Enjoy !
I cannot get enough lavender. After finding out so many of the amazing benefits I can see why everyone loves it. It smells amazing and is good for you too. That doesn’t come around often!
Make sure to follow us on instagram and twitter @stardustfunk !
University of Maryland